3-4 June 2005
A North/South Conference on the theme of ‘Competencies approach to teacher education’ incorporating the following:
- An outline of policy trends in teacher education within EU and OECD countries, especially those incorporating the competencies model.
- A description and discussion of the approach currently operating in Northern Ireland
- A description and discussion of the approach currently operating in the Republic of Ireland
- A description and analysis of the approaches to teacher preparation and development that have operated and those currently in vogue in the USA
- A panel discussion, with all speakers present, on major questions relating to the competencies-based approach to teacher education.