The aim of this research work is to pilot and develop a collaborative art and design education project within initial teacher education North and South which will support the teaching of Citizenship Education across the whole island.
- By examining how exploring personal and national identities through Art and Design can change student teachers and learners perceptions of themselves and others.
- By promoting cooperation in (curriculum development) across institutions responsible for Initial Teacher Education in the Visual Arts in Ireland (with a specific North South dimension).
- Focusing on the development, testing and implementation of innovative pedagogical materials in Art and Design, curriculum content and methods relating to the development of Citizenship Education.
- Supporting the development of innovative ICT based content services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning.
- Improving motivation for learning, and teaching and learning through the development of a range of approaches to teaching the visual arts to support transversal key competencies.
Final Report Final Report
Ms Dervil Jordan, National College of Art and Design
Dr Jackie Lambe, University of Ulster
SCoTENS Grant awarded £4,800