- To ascertain how competent BEd primary students in their respective institutions perceive themselves to be in identifying the characteristics of ASD through the teaching element of the BEd course
- To establish how well prepared BEd primary students feel they are in addressing the needs of pupils with ASD through the teaching element of the BEd course.
- To ascertain how much BEd primary student competence in the field of ASD is enhanced as a result of their time spent on school experience.
- To investigate how BEd primary students could be helped to develop their teaching in the area of ASD whilst on school experience
- To examine data gathered from the BEd primary students so as to establish whether there are observable differences between students in the two jurisdictions in order to make comparison.