To investigate/examine the perceptions, knowledge, attitudes and experiences of primary school teachers in their teaching of healthy eating.
- To complete a comparative study of nutrition education with the primary level curricula in NI and R/I with regard to progression of key concepts from school entry age to completion of primary education stage.
- To establish how teachers translate the syllabus into practice in their classrooms
- To document teachers experiences of teaching healthy eating and nutrition within their respective SPHE syllabi
- To determine levels of satisfaction with course content, teaching resources available, access to relevant information.
- To identify barriers to effective teaching of the syllabus material and quantify issues of concern which are common to teachers within both jurisdictions.
- To examine experiences in relation to implementation of related nutrition intervention programmes incorporated into the curriculum
- To determine the supports required by teachers for enhanced teaching and learning of Healthy Eating Guidelines