- Transfer knowledge from international researchers regarding the increased competency in focusing attention, the improved maintenance of emotional balance and the enriched resilience in the face of life’s challenges for children/young people who experience spiritual education.
- Familiarise educators with mediation practice that may provide a simple way to support the development of core emotional and social competencies that underlie successful learning and help students and teachers excel.
- Introduce educators to an expert educator practitioner in the field of contemplative practices for children/young people.
- Explore an inter-spiritual approach to intercultural and interfaith education in a North-South context through situating exchange in shared practices.
- By- providing a two day action-research (AR) workshop on spiritual education.