Communication and Interaction Difficulties
- Try to have the classroom as quiet as possible.
- Make sure you are facing the child directly when speaking to him/her or the class including him/her.
- Try to encourage the child to speak in short phrases.
- Give him/her enough time to say what he/she wants to.
- If you need him/her to repeat words, make it easy by just asking for the one word you didn’t hear/understand? e.g. You want to go where?Encourage him/her to use gestures etc. to help him/her explain what he/she is trying to say.
- Encourage him/her to take his/her time when speaking.
- Don’t keep at him/her to make all his/her words clear. As long as he/she communicates the basic message give praise..