Cognitive and Learning Difficulties
- Try to ensure that the child is sitting in an upright position with both feet flat on the floor.
- If possible try to give him/her a sloping surface to write on.
- The child should be seated away from doors and windows where there might be distractions. He/she should be close enough to hear and see instructions given by the teacher.
- Use sheets with spaces for answers to reduce the amount of writing required.
- Use lined paper and if possible, attach it to the desk so that the child doesn’t have to hold it in place while writing.
- Tasks should be broken down into small components
- Repeat verbal instructions several times and keep them simple.
- Use different coloured pens for each line when writing on board.