Reflecting, Reconnecting and Re-Engaging with the Core Purpose(s) of Education
20 and 21 October 2022
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk (In-person event)
Since our last face-to-face conference in 2019, the world has experienced unprecedented challenges, not only as a result of the global pandemic but, more recently, in the context of the war in Ukraine. In Ireland, diversity and inclusion remain significant challenges and this conference will explore the links between education, schooling and societal wellbeing. It will afford delegates and speakers a timely opportunity to pause and reflect, reconnect with each other, and re-engage with the core purpose(s) of education. Among the questions to be examined are:
- What lessons have we learned as educators from the events of the past two years?
- What is the ‘new normal’ we want to co-create in our education and teacher education systems?
- How can we ensure that the ‘new normal’ is one that reflects the type of society we want to be, and is faithful to the core purpose(s) of education.
- How can educators recognise the shaping influence(s) of local communities and society?
- How can education and schooling be structured to better impact societal wellbeing?
- What pedagogies are needed to challenge oppression and marginalisation?
The SCOTENS organisers invite delegates to pose their own questions and contribute to the dialogue in the company of our two keynote speakers who will provoke and challenge us in their keynote addresses and a Panel of Speakers who will further inspire us through insights into their perspectives and practices.
We look forward to welcoming you to the SCOTENS in-person conference on October 20-21 2022.
Registration details to follow!