The Standing Conference on Teacher Education North and South (SCoTENS) is pleased to announce a call for expressions of interest/presentations from those wishing to contribute to its forthcoming conference in the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk on 20 and 21 October 2022
We welcome expressions of interest on topics that are relevant to teacher education. Because the slots for presentations are limited we propose to give preference to presentations that link most directly to the conference theme and the work of SCoTENS. We welcome presentations that will invite exploratory conversations perhaps about aspects of the conference theme that are challenging and contested and that therefore will involve audience interaction and the productive exchange of ideas. In this context work-in-progress is very acceptable, and indeed, encouraged.
Among the questions to be examined are:
- What lessons have we learned as educators from the events of the past two years?
- What is the ‘new normal’ we want to co-create in our education and teacher education systems?
- How can we ensure that the ‘new normal’ is one that reflects the type of society we want to be, and is faithful to the core purpose(s) of education.
- How can educators recognise the shaping influence(s) of local communities and society?
- How can education and schooling be structured to better impact societal wellbeing?
- What pedagogies are needed to challenge oppression and marginalisation?
Please note: Your organisation should hold current membership of SCoTENS. If you have any queries about this, please contact Tricia at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest and thank you for considering the conference as a forum to share your work.
We hope to see you at SCoTENS in 2022.
Please complete and return to Tricia Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 9 September 2022
Further information on the conference can be found HERE