Types of Special Need -
MANAGING BEHAVIOURALLY CHALLENGED PUPILS
Identifying Problem Behaviours
This is a list of problem behaviours which are common in the classroom. It may be helpful when assessing a pupil for special help or for writing an education plan.
1. Finds it hard to pay attention for a sustained period of time.
2. Doesn't appear to be listening when being talked to.
3. Doesn't follow instructions or finish a task.
4. Lacks organisation.
5. Tries to avoid doing things that require sustained effort.
6. Loses essential items for schoolwork.
7. Easily distracted.
8. Finds it hard to sit still; fidgets.
9. Wanders the classroom and can't remain in seat.
10. Overactive; runs and climbs in appropriate environments.
11. Talks constantly.
12. Shouting out and answering before teacher is finished talking.
13. Can't wait his/her turn.
14. Interrupts and intrudes on others.